At Brownlee-Morrow, we value the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and the public. Brownlee-Morrow has sought and will continue to seek alignment with the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions. We are currently open and are servicing customers in both our Birmingham and Mobile locations.
Manufacturer: BJM Pumps
Side discharge submersibles are typically used in sump applications where the liquid level can be controlled and where the pumps are partially submerged when in operation. The JX models are designed for general pumping purposes where the passing or shredding of larger solids is not required. JX pumps are available in size 0.5 to 10 HP. Single phase versions are from 0.5 to 2 HP 50 Hz models can be ordered at the same low price as 60Hz. Dual mechanical seals with the lower seal made of highly wear resistant Sic/Sic for less downtime and long life. All "wet parts" are of highest quality 316 stainless steel. Wear parts are made of cast material. The 0.5 to 5 H.P. JX pumps are made with precision cast parts (also referred to as investment castings), the same quality that is used in aircraft and space vehicles due to it's superior density and strength. Other models are manufactured with sand cast parts. Elastomers such as gaskets and o rings are made of FKM. Standard power cable is made of oil resistant quality, which works very well in most environments. EPDM quality cable and elastomers as well as BUNA elastomers are available on special order.
• Elastomers are made of FKM.
• Longer power cord - Standard 33 ft. power cord.
• Three seal motor protection - Motor is protected by double mechanical seals. Lower seal made of silicon carbide/silicon carbide and upper seal is made of carbon/ceramic. An additional lip seal has been installed above the impeller to help prevent abrasives such as dirt, silt or sand from entering into the seal chamber.
• More motor protection - Winding protection and (NEMA) Class F motor insulation allows motor temperature to raise to 230°F, superior to pumps with Class A and B insulation. Automatic switch turns pump motor off if temperature and/or amp draw raises too high. When the motor cools the switch will automatically reset and the pump will turn back on.
• JX55HSS and JX75HSS MODELS - The 7.5 and 10 HP models are designed with an outer sleeve on the impeller shaft. Two oil seal rings, upper and lower, ride on this replaceable shaft which prevents the formation of grooves on the impeller shaft itself.
• TWO PUMPS IN ONE - Most sizes can be converted to a high head version by merely changing the impeller and the suction plate. Other brands often require major changes to achieve different heads or volumes.
• Slide Rail Systems - The JX55HSS and JX75HSS models can also be mounted on BJM slide rail systems.
• Each pump is tested at factory, both for performance as well as safety. Level controls and level control systems are available.
• Specifications dependent on model and may change without notice.