At Brownlee-Morrow, we value the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and the public. Brownlee-Morrow has sought and will continue to seek alignment with the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions. We are currently open and are servicing customers in both our Birmingham and Mobile locations.
Manufacturer: John Crane
High performance, Reduced moment and Low windage Design (API 671 and ISO 10441)
H CE couplings offer the lowest possible overhung moments and additional shrouding of the flexible elements and bolts. This arrangement produces a high integrity coupling suited for most medium speed and high speed compressor drives.
The factory assembled H CE hub/flex units are designed to accommodate typical machine shaft sizes for turbo compressor applications. The separate spacer on the H CE can be varied to provide the appropriate distance between shaft ends and the required torsional stiffness to suit individual applications. On some applications, the H CE hub assembly on a compressor or gearbox input shaft is combined with the flanged H FE arrangement for a turbine driver.
• Low imposed loads: The membranes have been designed to optimize their torque capability, while minimizing the reaction forces due to misalignment so reducing machinery vibration and maximizing bearing life. Thus maximizing the life of the machines connected.
• Zero maintenance: The coupling has no relative moving parts, and hence requires no lubrication or routine maintenance.
• Axial adjustment shims: When the coupled machines use tapered shafts, high performance couplings are supplied with stainless steel shims for axial adjustment.
• Anti fly retention: The spacer is retained by specially designed anti fly guard rings to ensure safe operation. Additionally the flanges connected to the membranes are interlocked in the event of torsional overload. This reduces the peak stresses on the flexible elements, ensuring continuity of drive under emergency conditions.
• Balance: component and assembly balance procedures and precision balancing machines assure compliance with ISO 10441 (API 671) or similar specifications. Bolts and nuts are supplied weight balanced, and on high speed couplings, trim balancing holes are incorporated.
• Standards features: All H CE high performance couplings are supplied with transportation bolts and gag sleeves as standard. These bolts are also used to compress the flexible assembly as an aid to installation.
MAXIMUM TORQUE450,000 Nm (4,000,000 lbf/in)
SPEED LIMITS37,000 rpm
TEMPERATURE LIMITS-65°F to 300°F/ 55°C to 150°C