At Brownlee-Morrow, we value the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and the public. Brownlee-Morrow has sought and will continue to seek alignment with the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions. We are currently open and are servicing customers in both our Birmingham and Mobile locations.
A Series Spacer
Manufacturer: John Crane
Wrap fit Urethane Element Coupling
John Crane A Series couplings provide a solution to one of the most persistent and troublesome problems facing maintenance personnel: periodic coupling failure and the downtime and expenses that go with it. If a new insert is needed, a replacement can be installed in minutes, without moving either the prime mover or the driven equipment.
The A Series is the simplest construction of all our couplings. The design is compact and fully conforms with both ANSI & ISO requirements. The arrangement consists of a close coupled hub and a spacer hub. One end of the spacer piece has six or eight teeth, depending on size with the other end flanged. All of these components are made of quality carbon steel. The split insert, which is made of specially compounded urethane, fits over the hub/ spacer teeth. The retaining ring is made of steel, and is located with two setscrews. Bolts are supplied to assemble the spacer to spacer hub and a specially formed thread used to lock and retain.
• Urethane insert is resistant to most chemicals and oils.
• No lubrication or maintenance.
• Can rotate hubs independently for motor test.
• No metal to metal contact.
• Large bore and torque capacity.
• High misalignment capability.
• The spacer arrangement meets ANSI or ISO requirements.
• Horizontal and vertical operations, in either direction.
• Excellent power to weight ratio.
• Change out of coupling insert is faster than any other coupling.
MAXIMUM TORQUE21,000Nm (185,300 lbf/in)
SPEED LIMITS9600 rpm
TEMPERATURE LIMITS-40°F to 300°F/ 40°C to 150°C