At Brownlee-Morrow, we value the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and the public. Brownlee-Morrow has sought and will continue to seek alignment with the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions. We are currently open and are servicing customers in both our Birmingham and Mobile locations.
A Series Close Coupled
Manufacturer: John Crane
Close coupled Wrap fit Urethane Element Coupling
John Crane A Series couplings provide a solution to one of the most persistent and troublesome problems facing maintenance personnel: periodic coupling failure and the downtime and expenses that go with it. If a new insert is needed, a placement can be installed in minutes, without moving either the prime mover or the driven equipment.
The A Series is the simplest construction of all our couplings. The arrangement consists of two close coupled hubs which have six or eight teeth, depending on size. These components are made of quality carbon steel. The split insert, which is made of specially compounded urethane, fits over the hub teeth. The retaining ring is made of steel and is located with two setscrews.
• Urethane insert is resistant to most chemicals and oils.
• No lubrication or maintenance.
• Can rotate hubs independently for motor test.
• No metal to metal contact.
• Large bore and torque capacity.
• High misalignment capability.
• Hubs can be supplied either finish machined or with blank bores.
• Horizontal and vertical operations, in either direction.
• Excellent power to weight ratio.
• The coupling requires no nuts or bolts.
• Change out of coupling insert is faster than any other coupling.
MAXIMUM TORQUE21,000Nm (185,300 lbf/in)
SPEED LIMITS9600 rpm
TEMPERATURE LIMITSStandard insert:-40°F to 180°F/ 40°C to 80°C - -High temperature inserts: 300°F/150°C