At Brownlee-Morrow, we value the health and safety of our employees, business partners, and the public. Brownlee-Morrow has sought and will continue to seek alignment with the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions. We are currently open and are servicing customers in both our Birmingham and Mobile locations.
Manufacturer: ITT Goulds
Goulds 3171 Vertical Sump and Process Pumps.
API 610 9th edition, fully compliant VS4 sump pump is now available!
The Model 3171 is the Veteran vertical sump and process pump. Thousands of installations in industrial process, sump drainage, corrosive liquids, pollution control, molten salts attest to the 3171's remarkable performance. Simple mounting.
• Heads to 344 Feet (105 m)
• Temperatures to 450° F (232° C)
• Pit Depths to 20 Feet (6 m)
• Abrasive Liquids: Goulds sealed bearing arrangement is recommended for applications where abrasive solids are in the pumpage and no clean flush is available. A carbon bearing and lip seal is used for sealing the bearing housing. Spring loaded grease cup is provided.
• Float Control: The widest range of float controls is offered to suit the individual requirements of every installation. Ask your Goulds representative for a complete list of options.
• Molten Sulfur Pumps: Jacketed column and discharge pipes (tested to 150 PSIG [1034 kPa]). Available in all principal alloys. One piece, self lubricating, graphite impregnated steady bearing Vapor proof construction to seal sump vapors. Balanced, low NPSH, semi open impeller for optimum performance. Multiple intermediate bearings permit overall settings to 20 feet (6 m).
• Mounting Systems: Goulds can provide optional mounting systems to meet specific user requirements including pit covers fabricated with float control mounting points, man holes for access, vapor proof designs, lube line holes.
• Maximum Sealing Flexibility: Vapor Proof Construction. Optional upper stuffing box allows use of wide range of sealing arrangements to meet specific user requirements for sealing toxic, hazardous, noxious or corrosive fumes. With this option, the discharge pipe and all fittings are sealed at the support plate. Your Goulds representative will gladly recommend the best sealing solution for your service, some of which are illustrated here.
• Optional Bearings: Goulds offers best choice of steady bearings to meet service requirements...optional fluted rubber with rigid shell, bronze, iron and (standard) carbon.